Rankings and Top Lists
Whitman Ranks on Top
Whitman College is among the nation's best colleges for students seeking a high-quality, life-changing education. Our dedication to providing our students with a strong liberal arts education has landed us on the most selective college rankings and best-of-the-best lists year after year.
Colleges That Change Lives...
“... when asked what kind of person should come here, the first thing a Whitman student is likely to say is, ‘If you’re not willing to get involved, don’t bother to come here.’ By ‘involved’ that student would mean in one’s studies, with one another, with teachers, and in campus life.” – Colleges That Change Lives
Whitman College ranks No.2 in the Nation for Best Schools for Making an Impact
—The Princeton Review
Also Award-Winning: Walla Walla, Washington!
An Amazing Place to Live, Learn and Change the World
Whitman College is located in the heart of Walla Walla. Whitties are often seen exploring the city’s historic downtown, the rolling hills of the Blue Mountains, and the surrounding areas.
Walla Walla has made many of its own best-of-the-best lists due to its serene setting, friendly community and growing wine industry. Downtown Walla Walla was even added to the National Register of Historic Places for its rich cultural heritage.
Walla Walla Rankings and Recognition
- “Best Wine Town," Sunset Magazine
- "Best Main Street," Sunset Magazine
- "Friendliest small town in America," USA Today
- No. 1, "Best Small City Road Trip Destinations," Travelocity
- No. 3, "25 Cutest Main Streets in Small(er) Towns," Fodor's
- No. 7, "Best Cities to Live in Washington," Chamber of Commerce
- No. 78 "Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers," Forbes
- "The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2018," Travel + Leisure
- "The Ten Most Beautiful Towns in Washington", The Culture Trip
- "10 best small towns in America," Fodor's
- "One of the world's 10 best wine travel destinations," Wine Enthusiast
- Home to "One of 100 best modern courses," Golfweek
Interested in Visiting?
Whitman College offers year-round campus visits for prospective students and their families. Plan your Whitman visit today. While you're here, explore the town so nice they named it twice! Downtown Walla Walla is only a 3-minute walk from campus. Students can often be found studying and hanging out in nearby coffee shops and patisseries.
If you can't make the trip, we also offer virtual information sessions designed for any student interested in learning more about Whitman. Schedule your virtual information session and take a virtual tour of campus.